Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dropping the ball

What a crazy week!
I have NOT done a very good job of following my diet or exercise plan this week.
I stayed at work from Tuesday evening until Friday morning due to bad weather here, I am so stinking sick of winter time! We had a couple foot of snow, yes I said foot! Its hard to believe we had a near blizzard in Arkansas!  Fortunately I work in a hospital that allows its employees to stay there in a room during inclement weather so that the units will remain staffed should others not be able to make it in. The bad thing is, I worked, I ate cafeteria food, worked some night shifts and snacked/grazed on crap, then when I got home I fell back into my old habits and "rewarded" myself for staying and working the shifts.
Now, I know better, I do, but I still gave in, and it was EASY!
This has given me a lot to think about concerning my surgery, cause the old habits are still going to be there, and if something stressful comes up, I could fall into the old habits again. Even when my body changes and the desire for food diminshes, I still have to keep my head. I need a mind makeover too. I head back to the doctor next week, better get it together and quick, I need to show a loss of pounds on that scale.
How do you overcome those lifelong habits?
The only thing I can think of is to create some better ones.
Onward for another week!!

The snow is melting, hopefully I will be soon too!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bad habits are hard to break. Good habits are even harder to form. Maybe when you are feeling that food craving come on instead of going for something sweet or salty pick up an apple or some carrot sticks! Maybe snacking healthier can help you get on the road to healthier habits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep healthier options available,but my heart overrides my brain and tells me to go for the carbs! Its the whole "treating myself" thing I need to work on. Maybe I need therapy LOL

    ReplyDelete