Thursday, February 3, 2011

Living in a deep freeze

This has been a very crappy week for me. Stuck at home for the last 3 days with four hyper kids, and one hyper dog. We got some very nasty winter weather that caused me and my hubby to miss a day of work and the kids to miss 4 days of school. We had about 8-9 inches of snow, with a nifty layer of ice under it, and temperatures have not been above freezing yet so it is not going anywhere.
There is little I despise less than icy dangerous roads, I don't really like driving anyways, but I hate the idea of having an accident or someone getting stranded, hurt or killed because of bad roads. We live waaaayyy out in the country. I have a one way commute to work of 37.5 miles, during conditions like this, its just too much of a risk to make it into work. But, because every absence counts against you and  I need a decent paycheck, I have to make it in.
And so, tomorrow morning I am scheduled and my wonderful hubby is going to brave the nasty roads for me to take me into work, and then I am either staying in the hospital or at a friend's house til Sunday so I can work all weekend. Yay me.
I went to the bariatric doctor on Monday, restarted my six months of diet and exercise for my insurance to approve my gastric bypass surgery. I am still a skeptic, I am terrified of surgery, but I think it may be the next logical step if I continue not to lose weight.
I weighed in 10lbs more than I did my last visit in September, ten pounds, Really??
I have no idea how that could be possible. Talk about a downer. Maybe I need a mega dose of midol or a water pill or laxative or something, this can't be fat.
So I went to the dietician and told her what I had been eating and the exercise I have been doing and according to her, everything looks good but the numbers. I guess I need to bump it up some more. That has been my goal for this week. And while my dieting has been better, (I have so cut back on the diet coke) and I have restarted my protein shake meal replacements (yum, NOT) I have not done much exercise.
I have been on my treadmill twice all week. I haven't done a video, I haven't done much of anything but play on facebook and break up fights between my bored children.
I feel depressed and down and I don't know why. Maybe its because its cold and nasty and I NEED SUNSHINE! or maybe its because I have the worst case of cabin fever in history. Regardless, I have to get it together, my next Dr appt is the 22nd, I have got to see a difference on that scale.
So the theme of this week is BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.
I can't wait til Spring/Summer, groundhog says it coming soon, he better be right.
Thanks for all the support guys I def need it.
 Any tips for staying motivated or easy things to do to cut calories?
Stay warm.
The human ice cube- C

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Connie! My Grandma had gastric bypass and it did wonders for her! It was a tough road, but well worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete