Friday, January 21, 2011

Yuck, snow and ice, a clumsy girl's worst nightmare.

We got about five inches of snow here the night before last, temps are staying below freezing and so the snowy stuff is sticking around. Its cold and miserable outside, the roads are still really bad out here so I had to miss work today rather than wreck my new car. Daniel ran it in the ditch yesterday and we had to get a tractor to pull it out, not my idea of fun.
I hate being cold, and I am so clumsy its almost a handicap, so the thought of trudging down the icy driveway a few times sounds like a form of punishment to me.
I have been walking daily, which is really good for me. I have been moving which is a start.
I also have been a little bit better on my diet as well. I haven't completely broken the coca-cola habit but I am at least now drinking only diet coke and only drinking one (okay so maybe two) a day. I think that is a HUGE step.
I rescheduled my appt with the bariatric doctor, so I will be officially monitored in a six month diet and exercise program. I want to do the best I can during this time and see what happens. I am really ready to shed the pounds.
Yesterday was my baby girl's 7th birthday, I realized that I have been carrying around this extra weight now for 7 years, how is that healthy for my heart or my joints? I am gonna do this folks, I really am.
I did go outside with the kiddos yesterday and throw some snowballs and make some snow angels and it felt good to be out playing with them and hearing them laugh , I want to be here to hear those laughs for a long long time.
I was really proud of myself for staying out and playing as long as I did, so despite the cold and the ice in my driveway I am gonna get dressed and head back out. It may be a brisk walk, but I am gonna do it.
Drive safe folks, that ice is sneaky.

Faithfully trudging along-----C

No comments:

Post a Comment